Re: [NSW] Is Olympic Park really a ghost town?

OK.  It's pretty quiet this week.  And Stadium Australia has had no events
since the first day of the Rugby League season in March.

The Homebush Bay precinct includes Stadium Australia, the Royal Agricultural
Society Showground relocated from Moore Park and a host of other sporting
venues such as the Swimming Centre, a Soccer field and lots I've never
visited.

The Royal Easter Show had its usual 1.2 million or so visitors (over 14
days) a couple of weeks ago.  I was a little surprised that the show didn't
overflow into all some of the other arenas on the site.

Stadium Australia is currently closed while its seating is reduced from
110,000 to around 80,000.  But after that, bookings are a bit sparse.  The
only major events in the next few months are one "State of Origin" Rugby
League event and the Rugby Union Bledisloe Cup.

It seems that the conversion of both N.R.L. "football" and A.F.L. "football"
into pay-TV events means that an 80,000 seat stadium may be a white elephant
as far as football goes.

Hoping this helps,

Bill

"James Shugg" <jshugg@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
3AF418C6@MailAndNews.com">news:3AF418C6@MailAndNews.com...
We saw this on the newswires today. A colleague was asking whether it really
is this quiet out at the Stadium. How often is it used these days?

Thanx, James