Re: Facts and figures (NSW)

I've also lost my old Book of Facts, but going by memory, the steepest
sections of track were the 1 in 19 sections on branchlines like Batlow and
Oberon, deepest cutting was at Hill Top on the Picton-Mittagong Loop Line.
Can't help you with mainline curves, but branch curves were again I think on
the Oberon line [ I remember the tour using the Vintage Train cars hauled by
a 45 class because the rostered 49 had failed - tight curves, wet rails,
wheelslip snapped a screw coupling within the Vintage Train. It seemed you
could almost reach across the curves and hold hands with somone standing on
the end platform at the opposite end of the car in front]. Haven't got a
clue about the embankment.

Graham Smith

3aee89f4.0@bn.ar.com.au">news:3aee89f4.0@bn.ar.com.au...