Re: Graffiti vandals go online

Dean Stalker <dstalker@NOSPAMdingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3aefd69a$0$25514$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aefd69a$0$25514$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
> a1QH6.29503$ff.216734@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:a1QH6.29503$ff.216734@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > Maybe we can get the Vic Police to investigate
> > http://melbournewriters.cjb.net/
>
> They can't touch it unfortunately, its hosted in the US.

Often web hosts have a policy about the sort of content that can be hosted
on their servers.  I wrote to one host in the case of "Melburn Steel"
(another rail graffiti site) and they took the site down within hours.
Afterwards though, I had second thoughts.  Maybe that was a bad idea.  As
long as the site was up the police would have been able to monitor their
activities and maybe track them down.

Peter G.