Re: [Melb] Truck and tram collide in CBD

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
0RoH6.26820$ff.195859@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:0RoH6.26820$ff.195859@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/state/vic/metvic-1may2001-10.htm
> Tue, 1 May 2001 7:40 AEST
> Truck and tram collide in CBD
>
> A tram and a truck have collided in the Melbourne's CBD, with one person
> being taken to hospital.
>
> The accident occurred on Flinders Street near Elizabeth Street, a short
time
> ago, causing traffic problems.
>
> Paul Holman from the Metropolitan Ambulance Service says a passenger on
the
> tram has been taken to hospital.
>
> He says fire crews were called to cut free the driver trapped in his
wrecked
> cabin..
>
> "The tram's collided with a bin hire truck and the hoist of that truck has
> gone right into the front of the tram, crushing the driver by the leg."
>
> "Fortunately it hasn't got his upper body or his head, which is quite
> amazing because it was quite a severe impact," he said.

Obviously a tram driver's leg is not important to a Melbourne Ambo,  I hope
our Sydney Amboes are a little more sympathetic to injured tram drivers. :-(

Ted