Re: [Vic/Qld/NSW] Inland railway to Brisbane

"tony bailey" <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote in message
3aef3efe_5@news01.one.net.au">news:3aef3efe_5@news01.one.net.au...
> "Peter Berrett" <pberrett@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> > Could the XPT use the track as far as Wagga to shave some time off its
> > journey to Sydney?
> >

> Fine - except that it would remove a bit of the patronage as well -
> Melbourne to Sydney passengers are NOT the only people that travel on the
> service! I have always sold far more intermediate tickets than full
distance
> ones. (As a passing thought someone may one day do a PhD on the ability of
> certain private facility at Junee to generate passenger traffic to a town
> with only a small population!)

Interesting thought.

Imagine if they retimed ST1 and ST2 so that they passed through Junee just
before midnight. Since "guests" of those establishments "check-out" in time
to get ST1 or ST2 (depending on which way they are going), if the train was
rescheduled to just before midnight they would be screwed (so to speak),
since their "check-out" date would not allow them to "check-out" in time to
catch it.

Dave