Re: Countrylink looking up again

"Dave Proctor" <david@spambait.proctor.net> wrote in message
DPHH6.41314$8j.6011235@bin1.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com">news:DPHH6.41314$8j.6011235@bin1.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com...
> "David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 06HH6.3642$VM5.121923@ozemail.com.au">news:06HH6.3642$VM5.121923@ozemail.com.au...
> >
> > According to today's Herald report, Impulse were losing about $1 million
> > week.  Now how about privatising Countrylink - Richard Branson may bid
so
> > we'll have Virgin Link Rail and Virgin Blue Airlines to choose from, if
we
> > don't want to fly Quaint Arse or chance it with Ansett.
>
> And have them do what they have done to Virgin Rail in the United Kingdom?
> That would be worse than what we have now!
>
> Dave

Yes - even Richard Branson himself publically states that Virgin rail ain't
the best.  I rode one of their trains in the UK in 99, didn't think it was
too bad then, the equipment was a bit worn but on-board service OK.  We'd be
much worse off if Connex got hold of Countrylink, in my opinion.

Really, with the demise of Impulse we're no better off for competition in
airlines than we were years ago, with East-West making up a de-facto third
airline.

Regards

David Bennetts