Re: An idea of mine - express trams

In article <3aed634e$0$25522$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
Graeme Cleak <gcleak@optusnet.com.au> writes
>Err,  make that read since the 1940's at least, my earliest Glenelg
>Timetable from Sept 1943 has an 8.30am Up "Express Tram, Mon to Sat,  but no
>down trip   Fast forward to 1954 when there is still the 8.30am Up "Express
>from Grovene, and an 8.30am Up 'Express from Marion Rd."  Down Expresses
>were from Vic Sq at 5.14pm & 5.48pm, express to Grovene.  And so the story
>goes on.
But do *any* still run?

<Only vaguely on topic>
Wolverhampton (UK) must surely hold the record for being the only town
whichever had a special peak hour express working on a *horse* tram
route!   (This left the Town Centre at 1.00pm on a route to an exclusive
residential suburb called Tettenhall, in order to give the businessmen
working there a little extra time at home for lunch!)

Any ex-pat Wulfrunians (hello?) reading aus.rail will know where I mean!
</Only vaguely on topic>

--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Birmingham, UK