Re: New trams

Ted> "Bradley Torr" <truenorth@one.net.au.SPAMTRAP> wrote in message

>>  Bring on further STA-ndardisation, I say.

Ted> Why?  STA each year records losses!

According to their last annual report the STA made a 1% loss last year but the
Sydney Bus service made a 5% profit (and made small profits for at least the
last 4 years).  It has been the ferries and the Newcastle services that drag
thw whole STA into the red.  Also, only 15% of the STA's revenue (not just the
busses) came from CSOs, the rest coming from concession rebates and real, live
fares.

It provides a good service, has fairly new busses, is pretty light on the tax
payer's pocket and beats my local bus service hands down.  Bring on further
STA-ndardisation, I say too.

Malcolm