Re: (SYD) A few questions

Al wrote:

> What about the platform that's at the top of the hill between Warabrook and
> Waratah, near the crossover?

Are you referring to the old stockyards platform? If so, the passengers
were bovine or ovine.

> And how about the SMR stations from Maitland to Cessnock (Abermain, Neath and
> Weston/Kurri Kurri still have platforms and stations)??  Or has this line been
> taken out of use?

Last time I heard, trains still occasionally run to Pelton, or whatever
it calls itself this week. However there seems to be an almost monthly
threat that they won't run much longer - what is the current state of
that situation?

> What about stations on lines where now there is only freight traffic, but
> there used to be passenger?

Not quite in the spirit of the original discussion, but the Pelton line
would be in that category. To list all such cases would be a rather
extensive task!

Incidentally, is it not rather strange that this thread hasn't been
hijacked to Melbourne yet? Is it the (SYD) in the subject line, or are
there no closed/abandoned/disused/never-used platforms in Melbourne?