Re: (NSW) trackwork

They have been replacing the wooden half sleepers in the City Underground
with concreted in place Cologne eggs for some time now.  I first noted the
process at Wynyard No3 last year where they jack hammmer out every third
sleeper one night and next night set the new rail clips in concrete. Must
use a quick setting concrete as the concrete apears rock hard the next day.
I noticed at TownHall they have been much neater in using a concrete saw to
maintain an neat edge unlike the jagged untidy result at Wynyard. I note
that new rail is often dumped between the tracks outside the Goulburn St
tunnel portal.  The tracks are only closed each night for this process so
not much disruption occurs.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

3B122792@MailAndNews.com">news:3B122792@MailAndNews.com...