Re: [VIC? NSW?] OT - doubling efficiency/frequent service

Big problem here, RTBU would not allow drivers to operate such services.
There was an idea once of running a limited stops double decker bendi's
on the L90/L88 services.(L88 Avalon - R/SQ.)

How would like to be on a bus that was carrying 160+ people. 60+ tonne
of dead weight to stop? Another problem is security on board the bus.

Also you would have to re-employ a conductor, something that current STA
management do not want to do.

Sydney is getting busier and busier, it is becoming increasingly
difficult to drive in, that is why you will probably see the 14.5m buses
phased out over the next few years. As for the ancient bendies well
that's another story.

Tramway's are limited to an extent in that if there is a break down on
the line, the you can not simply go around the broken down vehicle.
Signally and line maintainence also creates serious problems.(cost)

Frequent buses are the best way forward. You can always add extra
services when demand requires it. eg 380 services. 5 min services in the
peak.