Re: Eveleigh Carriage Works = 400 flats

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
news:3ae7cde1$0$25467$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> "Geoff Lillico" <glillic@msn.com.au> wrote in message
> | There are a number of skills still practiced in the Large Erecting Shop by
> | 3801 Limited. This point was raised in my previous post which Robson chose
> | to snip out in his response. I again advise that moves are under way to
> open
> | this area to the public for inspections.
> | As to other nearby tenants' [both residential and commercial according to
> | Robson] complaints, it remains a case of caveat emptor - let the buyer [or
> | tenant] beware in regard to previously established activities. As long as
> | these facilities do not breach any laws or regulations surely any
> complaint
> | against 3801; the blacksmith or the future museum in the carriage works
> | would be a fairly empty one!
>
> Not so. It has happened plenty of places already. Anything emanating from a
> premises can be complained about - noise/smell/sight. It's happened at
> Rozelle, Clyde, F5, M5, East Hills duplication, recycling centres, chook
> farms, rubbish dumps, Sydney Airport, bus depots, Liverpool rail, Blacktown
> rail - I'm sure there are plenty more the others can mention.

I thought the classic was the rich Melbourne lawyer who bought a hobby farm
out in the country.  Then he realised that the neighbouring farm moved cattle
along the road, which left manure.  The manure then stuck to his car, so he
sought an injunction against moving the cattle by road.  He won.

What is the world coming to?

Al