Re: English Railway Accident

"Tom C" <tom.clifton@REMOVEvirgin.net> wrote in message
news:3a9d71d1.1706285@news.ntlworld.com...
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:19:53 +1100, "Paul Hambleton"
> <P.Hambleton@bom.gov.au> wrote:
>

> The paper didn't comment about the train drivers' fate. The freight
> loco isn't shown but the leading car of the GNER train (driving van
> trailer) is completely mashed; presumably the driver too.
>
> Tom C
> W Sussex, UK

It seems that both train drivers died - refer to the following post to
uk.railway:

No saying too much on this news group as you never know who is reading i.e
media.
Both trains today had 2 footplate staff. Its with deepest sympathy i have to
inform you all that one driver on the GNER train has unfortunately been
killed and also 1 driver from the Freightliner Heavyhaul has also lost his
life.
I personally know the driver from the heavyhaul train who was once a work
mate who moved away from EWS to Freightliner. I myself and all on this
newsgroup send our deepest condolences to each of there families.
Don't ask me anything else on the situation i just thought you all should
know as the bloody media only think about the passengers and nothing on the
traincrew involved. Not that all my sympathy goes out to all that have lost
there lives today in this terrible accident.

Chris S