Re: [UK] Ironic

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
Bhpn6.53730$o85.305646@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:Bhpn6.53730$o85.305646@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> "chris 'fufas' grace" <chris@transdata.co.nz> wrote in message
> 3A9DE83D.2716F184@transdata.co.nz">news:3A9DE83D.2716F184@transdata.co.nz...
> > Even more ironic were also involved in the Ladbroke Grove collision
> > and fire a few years back.
>
> Sorry, was there a word missing here? This doesn't make sense to me.
>
> Note that yesterday's crash was an East coast main line service to Kings
> Cross; Ladbroke Grove was just outside Paddington in West London -
> completely different parts of the network.
>

> Daniel
> --
> Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
> dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au
> Melbourne public transport FAQ http://www.custard.net.au/melbtrans/

Doesn't make sense to me either - Ladbroke Grove (nr Paddington) involved an
Intercity 125 (diesel locos both ends of the train, the trains on which our
XPT is based).   Hatfield and Selby involved Intercity 225 trains, which
have an electric loco at one end of the train and a driving/luggage van at
the other.   The former involved the First Great Western train, the latter a
Great North Eastern train.  Intercity 125 has a service speed of 125 miles
per hour, Intercity 225 a speed of 225 kilometres per hour.

Regards

David Bennetts