Re: Signalling irregularities: Was Re: [NSW]New Train Crewing Boss

runaway wrote:

> Binalong is indeed interesting, it's the only place south of Leumeah that
> has double light colour light signals (must have been spares just lying
> around :^).

Jokes aside, I think the reason for the DLCLs was simply that it was
regarded as consistent with the double-light indications of all the
upper quadrants in the vicinity. Moreover the first of the DLCLs at
Binalong  probably came before single-light indications were first
defined for colour light signals (which was probably at the time of the
Blue Mountains electrification????).