Re: R766 re-launch (was: [VIC] R766 test run)

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne

----------
In article <3A9F7EE0.1AD7B1C4@ozemail.com.au>, James Brook
<ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Stuart Thyer wrote:
>>
>> Steam loco R766 ran a successful test run last night, Wed 28/2, from
>> Ballarat to Bacchus Marsh and return.
>> It will be relaunched in to service on Sat 11th March when it runs Melbourne
>> to ballarat. For bookings phone 9397 1953
>>

>While the OzKosh trip is a reasonable idea for a general public tour, I
>don't think it was a good trip to re-launch R766 on. I'm sure that a
>large number of Victorian railfans would like to travel on the first
>trip behind R766 since it's re-build. However, the length of time spent
>in Ballarat is far too long (7 3/4 hours) if you aren't interested in
>the activities at Ballarat (OzKosh or Begonia festival).

Actually, a surprising number of railfans are also plane fans, there were
about a dozen of us that went to the airshow at Avalon the other week.

Stuart