Re: [MELB]Early sunday trains

"Ben Munro" <sporologist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
3AB9DD27.DE972701@yahoo.com">news:3AB9DD27.DE972701@yahoo.com...
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > >
> > > I just spent 4 days down there, and was disgusted with how pathetic it
is.
> > It
> > > is far worse than I remember it from pre-privatisation days.
> >
> > I think it's a mixed bag. The most important improvement (which is quite
> > significant when you think about it, and almost makes up for a lot of
the
> > bad stuff) is the upgrading of most Sunday daytime frequencies to
Saturday
> > levels. That in itself has made the whole system much much more useable
than
> > it ever was while under government control.
>
> How do Melbourne train frequencies on Saturdays and Sundays compare to
> those on weekdays?

Obviously there's no peak on weekends (though extra trains run for footy
etc).

Other than that, for lines through North Melbourne and Clifton Hill, they're
every 20 minutes all week during daytime. All lines through Richmond are
every 15 minutes (half that beyond Ringwood and Dandenong).

See http://www.custard.net.au/melbtrans/Default.htm#ServiceLevels for a
summary

Daniel
--