Re: DSRM is ....

Trevor Edmonds wrote:

> Eben Levy wrote...
>
> > If said stock is so life expired, how can other operators turn a profit
> with
> > these. Yes I know they are business ventures designed to do this but isn't
> your
> > aim to be viable. Also if said stock is life expired, why has FreightCorp
> and
> > Nation Rail now imposed conditions on the sale of said life expired stock
> > prevent it been used in competition to them?
>
> If SRA did not consider them life expired, why did tey sell them? My point
> was that rolling stock moving into preservation is usually a long way from
> being in pristine condition.

When classed as life expired, they may be worn out or excess to needs so they
are disposed of.
one look around Somerton and you will find plenty of of flatwagons and ols NSW
open wagons. many of these are still usable but NR are selling them cause they
are "life expired" to them but in reality only excess stock.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

I feel like I'm in a rut.  Every time I go to bed at night,
I find myself just getting up again in the morning.
     ---Brad Stine