Re: Newcastle - Melbourne trip just completed

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<vt2w6.103238$lj4.2959702@news6.giganews.com>:

>This is the problem with rolling stock that serves multiple roles, you
>cannot please everyone, and in trying to do so, you satisfy noone. Same
>with VLP, and using N sets on long distance runs. The BN's and RBN's are
>totally unsuited for long distance runs, they are more suited for
>commuter runs. But what can they do with them otherwise?

What's wrong with the BN's and BRN's? Ok, i'll admit, I almost always
travel in the ACN (first class), but the times that I've travelled in the
BN, BRN BZN or BTN cars they have been quite comfortable. I would say
though, at least offer reversible seating like their earlier BZ & BCZ
counterparts (same seats as the Overland BJ cars).

Definately needed is more AZ/ACZ style seats in first class. I would go as
far to say that the AZ/ACZ style seats would be far more suitable for the
first class in the XPT than the TGV cattle class seats they have now. On a
long distance train, the AZ style seats are the most comfortbable I've
travelled on, and you can actually sleep in them.

Michael.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME