Re: [NSW-Tas] Cooperation within the rail preservation movement

On 29 Mar 2001 13:14:14 GMT, jshugg@westpac.com.au wrote:

>"It is believed that Drewry No 13 has been purchase from the Zig Zag Railway
>in New South Wales and will return to the West Coast after a full rebuild at
>Saunders and Ward  at Kingston the loco will also have a pinion fitted to
>work on the rack section at Queenstown as the back up locomotive"

So is there something happening (or has something happened) with
regard to restoration of the rack railway at Queenstown? I remember
Scott McGregor mentioning there was talk of it during the Tassie
section of his "Railway Journeys Around Australia" a few years ago....