Re: Re: Signalling queries

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:21:48 +1000, "Tezza"
<tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>"Bradley Torr" <truenorth@one.net.au.SPAMTRAP> wrote in message
>news:01c0f281$84ecfa80| Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in article
>
>| > Normally, they'd ring Control and be told whether they were to travel on
>| the staff or ticket. Fuckups do happen though. A train could break down
>| causing the order to change. I think these days (no longer using staff and
>| ticket), thek'd use a SAO.
>|
>| Train crews use dry savoury square-shaped biscuits to let the signalling
>| system know that the train has entered a new section? :-)
>
>Not dry, soggy  :-)

True.  Most SAOs are issued when it's raining, due to signal failures,
hence the term "Soggy SAOs".   Nothing to do with a bunch of drivers
standing around with a SAO pad on the ground...   I think I'll stop
there.

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/