wrote in message 3B2563D4.50B9@iprolink.co.nzzzzz">news:3B2563D4.50B9@iprolink.co.nzzzzz...
: david lindstrom wrote:
: >
: > Ticket machines 'overused'
: >
: > By STEPHEN CAUCHI
: > Tuesday 12 June 2001
: >
: > The owner of Melbourne's public transport ticketing system
: > yesterday blamed over-reliance by commuters on ticket
machines
: > for widespread dissatisfaction with the system.
: >
: > OneLink said that far too many commuters were using the
: > machines, which it said should have an "insignificant" role
in
: > the $330 million ticket system.
:
:
: I tell you, I nearly spluttered over my keyboard when I read
this
: effrontery in the online Age this morning. The passengers are
to blame
: for the problems with One Link's useless ticket machines
because
: passengers are using them. If they didn't use them, there
would be no
: problems.
:
: Jesus wept.

Yes, apparently we are buying too many tickets.
DL