Re: [Melb] 27% of ticket machine out of order

"Paul" <none@news.com> wrote in message
9g1vjd$se1$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:9g1vjd$se1$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> The machines aren't that bad anymore - of course, no vending machine will
> ever be 100% perfect.  Off topic, I'd say Telstra payphones are far more
> unrealiable, and they were supposed to be completely super-sonic!

IMHO, the new Telstra payphones are a triumph of style over substance. The
much hyped "Smart" phone cards that make the phones work don't actually
achieve anything that the older phone cards did - in fact they do less - the
old ones used to be programmable to only ring a certain number, or to (by
default) automatically call a certain number. They also gave you an
indication (without putting the card into a phone) of how much money you had
left. The new ones don't do this, and they also don't have the recharge
facility they were originally meant to have.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au