Re: [Melb] 27% of ticket machine out of order

"Bradley Torr" <truenorth@one.net.au.SPAMTRAP> wrote in message
01c0f24f$98688a20$c73e0c3d@default">news:01c0f24f$98688a20$c73e0c3d@default...

> In all my travels, I've never been issued an incorrect ticket, been given
> the wrong change, or had a machine break down on me. Other CityRail
> travellers may well have their own experiences, I can only speak for
> myself.

The uproar presently in Melbourne occurred in Sydney a few years back.  I
remember the media having some percentage of machines out of order, and the
old favourite story of a machine giving back about ten times more change
than it was supposed to.

The machines aren't that bad anymore - of course, no vending machine will
ever be 100% perfect.  Off topic, I'd say Telstra payphones are far more
unrealiable, and they were supposed to be completely super-sonic!