VHST positons

    The Commonwealth Dept of Transport and Regional Services Land Transport
Division advertised, in Saturday's Canberra Times, for a Executive Level 2
to work in their  Roads Investment and Very High Speed Train Branches.

    The ad states " We are looking for people with demonstrated initiative
and motivation to lead teams involved in range of important roads funding
projects and programs and a major scoping study to examine options for an
east coast Very High Speed Train (VHST) network"

    It also go on to state that selection documentation can be found on the
web site
www.dotrs.gov.au

    I found it interesting that the words funding and investment were used
in conjunction with roads and that 'scoping studies' were used with rail.

Gordon