Re: Hexpress

" Ian" <iansmith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3b2347ba$0$25523$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3b2347ba$0$25523$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > > Well what does it need?. Somewhere to stow your suitcases maybe
> .......no
> > > stopping on route......comfort ........speed.......etc.
> >
> > Well, they would all help... but I guess my point was that given the
> > complaints about the cost of the Sydney line, the last thing it needs is
> the
> > inflated cost of the Heathrow Express.
>
> There is no such thing as cheap paint....you pay for what you get or can
> afford............How can you state that  the cost of Hexpress is inflated
> ?

One of the complaints of the Sydney airport line is the cost. If it were
upgraded and cost even more (like Heathrow Express), I wouldn't see those
complaints going away.

There might be warm fuzzy feelings from having a Sydney airport train run
express to Central, but given that now it only takes 10-13 minutes and only
makes two intermediate stops, it wouldn't make much difference to the travel
time.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia