Re: Hexpress

Ian wrote:

> > > Well what does it need?. Somewhere to stow your suitcases maybe
> .......no
> > > stopping on route......comfort ........speed.......etc.
> >
> > Well, they would all help... but I guess my point was that given the
> > complaints about the cost of the Sydney line, the last thing it needs is
> the
> > inflated cost of the Heathrow Express.
>
> There is no such thing as cheap paint....you pay for what you get or can
> afford............How can you state that  the cost of Hexpress is inflated
> ?
>
>  > Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
> > dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au
> > Melbourne public transport FAQ http://www.custard.net.au/melbtrans/

For Gawd's sake they spent (whatwazit) $700 million dollars on the damn thing!
What did they get - crap I tell ye!

Mascot station in the middle of nowhere - Green Square surrounded by low
density industrial/commercial sites - Wolli Creek looks like the Government
railway did the bare minimum they could get away with. Trains creaking into
the forgotten far platforms of Central Electric...

No airline check in - no direct service to Wynyard where all the bizzos are -
s__t trains - s__t service, unreliable, frequently cancelled, through routed
to the less-privileged suburbs, no luggage space, no signage, ridiculously
overpriced fares for sh_t service (or underpriced for good service) - if I was
running a conspiracy to sabotage the line, I wouldn't have done a better job
than the current crowd.

RC