Re: Hexpress

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> " Ian" <iansmith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> 3b21d79a$0$25465$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3b21d79a$0$25465$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > "David McLoughlin" <davemcl*PISSOFFSPAMMERS*@iprolink.co.nzzzzz> wrote in
> > message 3B21C35F.599B@iprolink.co.nzzzzz">news:3B21C35F.599B@iprolink.co.nzzzzz...
> > > Me, I catch the bus. Slower than the train, but vastly cheaper and
> > > quicker than the taxi.
> >
> > What bus ?
>
> See http://www.gobycoach.com/misc/products.cfm?Name=Airbus
>
> The full details of Heathrow transport options are at
> http://www.baa.co.uk/main/airports/heathrow/getting_here_frame.html
>
> Personally, I use the tube.

Then you are not a "business" person clearly - the 15 minutes on the train
means more time for other things - appointments etc

Of course if you're going to spend the best part of a billion dollars building
a line to the airport, why do a crappy job a la Sydney (or London Underground)?

The "business" functionality should be standard, just as flight lounges,
business/first class etc are. This is where money could have been made.

And as for the 3 times exchange rate quoted on another thread - this is the
wrong argument, everything in London is expensive including the tube.

Instead use the "Purchasing Power Parity" instead of the exchange rate for more
realistic comparisons (in which case it would be closer to two aussie dollars
to the pound, not three.) the most readable example of PPP is the big mac index
- try http://www.economist.com/markets/Bigmac/Index.cfm. Also if you are
travelling for business who cares about the 36 to 50 dollar cost of the ticket,
you've just forked out $A10000 for a plane ticket

RC