RE: 500 miles in 3 hours by train - not in Oz

>===== Original Message From David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> =====
>
>On the ball as usual. This was 2 weeks ago.
>
>It was 1000km in 3 hours, 9 minutes. 1067km from Calais to Marsailles in
>3h 29m (average speed 306km/h).

Actually the Daily Telegraph is not too bad. It  reported the record run you
quote, that happened two weekends ago, back on 28/5; today's article was
about
the Froggie PM inaugurating the line, which only happened yesterday.

I like the bit about construction of the line being delayed 6 months and
slewed 150 metres to the side, to avoid a nesting eagle.