Re: Re: Where to get a horn

"Jonathan Boles" <jaboles@crossswinds.net> wrote in message
9fq2kg$rne$4@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:9fq2kg$rne$4@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> > >Hey, I've always been wondering about that! I was thinking about finding
> > >5-chime diesel horn and fitting it to the roof of my car when I get one
> > >(when my parents let me get my license of course). But you'd need to run
> > >compressor off the car battery (dream on) or you'd need an air cylinder
> (a
> > >more likely option).
> >
> > = Old Water Fire Extinguisher.
>
> Seriously? Would there still be enough pressure?
>
> BTW, is it possible to use a fire extinguisher/scuba tank as a reservior and
> have a compressor to fill it?

Fire extinguisher yes, in my fire brigade we recharge extinguishers using our
truck's compressor, which IIRC runs at around 900kPa.  Depends for the SCUBA
tanks - being a lot higher pressure, well, it helps to know someone with the
right kind of compressor, or go to a dive shop, if you want to totally
recharge it.  If you're happy with the 120-odd psi of a standard hardware
compressor, go for it.

Al