Re: Highly accurate radio comment

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3b2039ec$0$25471$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3b2039ec$0$25471$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> "Al" <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:3b202761$0$25470
>
> | OK, not going to go into the reasons for it, but the other day (Monday) I
> was
> | driving around listening to Ray Hadley doing the John Laws show (damn car
> with
> | only AM radio).
>
> Yeah, yeah.

It's true.  OK, the reasons for it.  I had to take a fire brigade striker to
Cessnock for a repair job.  The striker is a 92 model Maverick (Patrol) with
an AM only radio and that was the station it was stuck on.  It was so bad
listening to it, that I stopped to check a truck that had locked up doing
100km/h about 500m ahead of me, just to get out of the car.  I found out last
night that the striker is being replaced with a brand spanking new
truck....... tomorrow.  Sticky smelly brown stuff does happen, doesn't it?
The new truck will hopefully have an FM radio (our main truck does, and it's 6
years old).

Al