Re: Re: {NSW} Such thing as a 'Ghost Train'?

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:42:11 +1000, "Paul Jones"
<zifnab_spam_@goconnect.net> wrote:

>"Maikha" <maikha@mailandnews.com> wrote in message
>5ebecf95.0106060219.466c6da4@posting.google.com">news:5ebecf95.0106060219.466c6da4@posting.google.com...
>> Back in July last year, was at Strafield at 5:30pm. Asked the CSA
>> attending the formerly "Roll-boards" on the Concourde at Strathfield
>> when's the next InterCity service to Penrith, pointed me to a
>> suburban!
>>
>> Similarly why do CSA's refer to IU services as the "Fast Train"
>
>Because they are???? Name one service where the IU is slower than a
>suburban.

Evening service from Hornsby.  Suburban is Strathfield, Redfern,
Central, but the IUs (now ICs) also stop at Eastwood or Epping.

There are some afternoon peak trains on the West that don't stop at
Strathfield too.

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/