Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

Gobbledok wrote:

> Jonathan Boles wrote:
>
> > Here's a few to get you started:
> >
> > ...when you think about putting multi chime air horns on top of your car.

Close - 3 chime inder the bonnet

> > ...when you'd prefer to learn drive a train before you learn to drive a car.

Close - but ran out of time to study when I got a job :-(

> > ...when you look forward to drooling over double-page-spread colour pics in
> > Motive Power.

...when you edit the in-house mag for an interstate (from self) group

> ...when you want to design a website for a railway station over 2,000
> kilometres away

...when you manage a website for the same interstate group as above

> ...when, in Year 8 woodwork class, you don't make the jigsaw puzzle/truck/spice
> rack that everyone else is making, you decide to make an XPT train.

...when the Year 8 metalwork class is where a 5" gauge riding truck is
manufactured

...when you get up early, get driven to one end of the rail system
(Noarlunga in this case), and go by train to werk, simple because
someone else is going there, and it seems like a good idea at the time

...when you stay up all night running a train - model or full size (I've
done both)

--
Peter Homann
Steam Fireman, Pichi Richi Railway