Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

jaboles@crossswinds.net (Jonathan Boles) wrote in
<9fnkrj$mjp$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au>:

>Here's a few to get you started:
>
>...when you think about putting multi chime air horns on top of your
>car.

...when you think about putting a hyrail beneath your car.

>...when you try to take a picture of 3801/3830 through a Tangara window.

... when you open the window on a Tulloch to photograph ALCos at
Leightonfield.

>...when you'd prefer to learn drive a train before you learn to drive a
>car.

...when you spend hours on train simulators to attempt to achieve that

>...when you learn to distinguish Sydney sparks by sound.

... (guilty)

... and Melbourne sparks.

... and Adelaide sparks.

... and locomotives.

... (you get the picture)

>...when you discuss ways to make the cityrail system more efficient.

... when you discuss ways to make Connex and M>Trains services more
reliable, and wish they could base late running at 2 minutes and not 5.

>...when you write software to emulate station announcements

...(guilty)

...and CRT PIDS.

>...when you are in the process of writing software to emulate the
>Cityrail plasma screen (actually I'll release an alpha version soon)

... See above

>...when you look forward to drooling over double-page-spread colour pics
>in Motive Power.

... ("Railway Pornography")

>That's all i have time for now, add your own!

... when you catch an unsafe late night train halfway across your city, and
spend $45 catching a taxi home to gunzel locomotives on a suburban line.

... when you catch a train to Geelong, then catch a taxi to woop woop, just
to photograph 3801 out west.

... when you go away for weeks on end and come back with way too many spent
rolls of film.

... when you spend a whole day out beside a mainline and don't photograph a
single train

... when you chase one train for over 20 hours and many many kilometers
... at night
... and chase at least two more trains returning home the direct way

M.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Never engage in an intellectual argument with an idiot.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience --
(Unknown)