Re: QLD - Any news on the demise of the Corinda-Yerongpilly shuttle

Kim Mihaly <kmihaly@telstra.com> wrote:
> On my way to work last week , saw a notice that the shuttle would not die
> when the permanent timetable came out, especially when the last service will
> take place.

> In my travels around Corinda, Tennyson and Yeronga, I have seen signs for
> the 104 bus which will replace the service.

  According to staff at Yeerongpilly station tonight when I arrived at 8pm
I have been assured the shuttle service will continue to operate between
Yeerongpilly and Corinda (Monday to Friday) as it previously did prior
to the release of the May 7th 2001 timetable.

  Yeerongpilly has a huge sign on platform 2 stating "The shuttle service
will continue to operate to the below timetable until further notice".
Mini timetable sheets are available as well.

  From what I can figure out QR has received a large number of complaints
in regards to the withdrawal of this service, and suddenly changed their
mind about it.  I suggested they extend the shuttle to Park Road once the
station upgrade is complete.

--

Steven McIntyre
stev@uq.net.au