Re: [NSW] Sheep-like passenger behaviour

Paul Jones wrote:

> "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > The Chips arrived at Emu Plains this evening (starts Central and stops
> > Strathfield and Parramatta).  The lead car with 96 seats (probably less as
> it
> > was a CityDeckered DCM) disgorged 60 bloody passengers from the front
> > passenger doors alone!  Must have taken the best part of 2 minutes and
> over
> > twice as long as any other of the train's doors (several hundred leave the
> > train in total at EP).  Why the front door?  It's close to the overbridge
> and
> > one exit.
>
> My guess is that everyone walks up to the front at central thinking that
> there is less people there. I got caught out yesterday like that. usually
> there seems lees people at the front than the rear, but sometimes it's the
> other way around. And if I was getting off at Emu Plains I'd choose the
> middle because it would be closer to my car....
>
> --
> Paul Jones
> http://pj_rail.tripod.com
> (Updated 23 May)

When I used to live in Penrith, and was heading into the city, when I was
catching a train at Penrith, that did not start from there, I would always go to
the front carriage, because there always was less people in the front carriage.
When returning from Central, I did not care where I sat, just so long as I got a
seat.