Re: CPH Railmotors

keith malcolm wrote:

> They are. Two stroke Detroit Diesels have exhaust valves.  I was refering to
> the heads having 2 exhaust valves in each combustion chamber, rather than
> the newer 4 valves per cylinder. The newer 645 and 710s are also four
> strokes.

EMD 567, 645 & 710 2 stroke

EMD 245? 4 stroke

Detroit Diesel 53,71,92,110,149 all 2 stroke.

AIUI the Detroit and EMD 2 strokes were the product of a research program
conducted by GM in the 30s.

GMC also produced the Toroflow engine for buses (& trucks?) in the 50s. Some of
the Ansett Tour buses were fitted with them. AFAIK this was a 4 stroke motor.

Barry Campbell