RE: Any comments about the "M>" service improvement program?

>> At least Yarra takes the Charter processes and the PTCCC seriously though.
>> Connex and NX think its a joke and don't take any notice of it.
>>

>Did anyone think they were going to take it seriously?  This whole business
of
>the charter was to help get public support for the privatization (opps
>franchising). And people brought.  Remember it is ideologically incorrect for
>governments to boss around private enterprise.

Not really. The Charter was brought in by well-intentioned community
organisations. The PTUA's position at the time was outright opposition to
the
privatisation and we always said the charter process was a joke. That view
has
now been confirmed by the circus that is the PTCCC

Vaughan Williams
Secretary
Public Transport Users Association
247 Flinders Lane