Re: a little off topic 38 locos

In their latter years the 38's did everything from stopping trains between
Gosford and Newcastle to the Southern Highlands Express and the Moss Vale
day train to express goods to pick-up goods. I rode with the guard on a
pick-up from Mittagong to Campbelltown in about 1967, hauled by 3827. The
train had shunted Mittagong, then ran through to Picton where it shunted the
yard and then on to Menangle, where it shunted the diary siding, and finally
dropped me at Campbelltown late in the afternoon. That was in the days when
the Loop Line was still open, and you could ride up on a CPH, which
connected with the down Goulburn day train. The plan was to hang around
Mittagong with the camera, but there was no traffic, so rather than wait for
the up day train from Goulburn I rode the pick-up back.

Graham Smith

3ab159bf$0$25464$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ab159bf$0$25464$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...