Re: Bunnerong power station branch

Philip Shortus wrote:

> Hey,
> Can anyone give me information on the old bunnerong Power station which
> branched off the Botany Goods line at Botany, it ran most of it's way along
> Botsny road to the terminus, Can anybody give me some more information on
> this line!

The flat part just ran along the road and into the power station - now
very little trace left. The more interesting part ran from near the
power station entrance up a VERY steep grade to oil terminals. Last time
I looked, the lower end of that section was submerged in impenetrable
lantana, and not much was left at the top although there were some
traces of rails imbedded in flat concrete.

The line was notable for being worked by Electricity Commission
locomotives (ex NSWGR 24 class, for instance) till close to the end of
its life.