Re: [NSW] Councils lose power to block rail projects

"David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
6tTp6.580$G4.32821@ozemail.com.au">news:6tTp6.580$G4.32821@ozemail.com.au...
| Councils will not be able to obstruct two rail projects planned for
Sydney -
| the Parramatta Chatswood line and the Bondi Junction - Bondi Beach
extension
| of the Eastern Suburbs Line.  Refer today's Sydney Morning Herald article
at
| http://www.smh.com.au/news/0103/09/national/national11.html

"When it was first proposed four years ago, the 3.2-kilometre link to Bondi
Beach was estimated to cost $150million, with a consortium of Macquarie Bank
and Lend Lease to fund, build and operate the railway for 20 years at no
cost to taxpayers. It is understood the rail line will need some injection
of government money if it receives the go-ahead."

Here we go with another Airport Line, mostly funded by the taxpayer.

--
http://www.tsc2000.com/?TH0097WINLOTTO