Re: Rail workers seek protection after attack

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3aa72429$0$25474$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aa72429$0$25474$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> " Ian" <iansmith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> 3aa71794$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aa71794$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> |
> | "David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
>
> | > Rail workers have demanded better protection and the power to arrest
> | > fare evaders after CityRail workers were treated in hospital following
> | > an attack by a passenger yesterday.
> | >
> | > http://www.smh.com.au/news/0103/08/national/national14.html
> |
> | Does a 69 year old person have to carry a concession card to prove their
> age
> | to get a ticket ?
>
> If they want a concession ticket, yes.
>

> | All a little petty I think. Why challenge a person of that
> | age who obviously looks to be a pensioner. I don't blame the old
>
> Lock the old fart up, he's obviously deranged and dangerous.
 Judge and jury eh?..............Just wait 'till you're an old
fart................see how you'd go in the same situation.  We don't know
the true story.
He could have been surrounded by , well..............those that weren't of
Australian origin.

Ian S