[NSW] Hunter questions and observations

OK, I've started using the train to get to uni when I can now (see recent
thread about me and PT).  After using it 4 times in the last 3 days, between
Beresfield and Warabrook, here's some questions:

Considering how busy a lot of the early morning services are (I was on them
between 7:30 and 11), would Cityrail consider extending the Endeavours to 3
cars, like the Xplorers?  Or running them as 4-cars?  The train I was on this
morning had no more than 10 empty seats in both cars, with people standing
with bikes etc (probably another 20 or so).  Or run more services more
regularly (15 minute intervals, rather than the random 20-45 at present).

Also, regarding speed limits.  How different are the Xplorer and Endeavours
mechanically?  Identical?  I've seen a 2-car Endeavour join up with a 5 car
Xplorer at Broadmeadow once and trundle off UP towards Sydney.   But back to
the point, what speed limits do the Xplorers follow?  The yellow or white
boards (on the Countrylink website it has Xplorers listed for a 145km/h
operational speed, 160km/h test).  If it's the white, then do the Endeavours
use them as well?  If not, why not?

Something else I've just noticed is that the trains all seem to be going
slower between Warabrook and Sandgate, actually hitting the anchors around
where the Kooragang line branches off.  When I caught them from school (before
Warabrook station was built) all the trains used to speed up on the downhill,
and not slow down (if they were an express) until Beresfield, whereas now they
seem to be a lot slower, slowing down in sections, then speeding up again.
Have speed restrictions been placed on the line?

Finally, there seemed to be more general freight traffic on the line than
usual today.  I hardly ever saw a general freighter every day back as a school
kid, but today I saw 3 within 40 minutes.

Thanks, catch ya

--
Al

No matter where you go, there you are