Re: Three CityRail questions

Bradley Torr wrote:

> (2) At Parramatta station, is there a pattern to which train uses which
> platforms, e.g. which down trains use Platform 2 and which use Platform 4;
> and which up trains use Platform 1 and which use Platform 3? Or is it
> random?

Generally faster trains (InterUrbans, XPT's and some express suburban
services) use platforms 1 and 2. Slower trains (all stations to
Richmond/Penrith, Y link's) and some North Shore trains use platform 3
and 4.

I have worked at Parramatta a few times, and during the day (sometimes
late at night too) they often close platform 1 and 4, or 2 and 3, so
there is no 'set pattern' as to what platform trains arrive/depart from.

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au