Re: QR restructure coming?

There is an interesting article in Train magazine on USA hauled coal and refernces OS coal suppliers
Including Australia.

Also the NTK charge is affected by more than monopolys, terrain, distance (In the US the distance
 is larger), tonnage over the route, guage, govt influence.
Ie in Qld, the coal mines do not pay much in royalites as the money was to
go directly to the rail system. I would be more interested to see the coal mines bottom line.
ie at what price per tonne, do they start making a profit.

Also, most CQ coal mines have a choice on which port to use, Gladstone, Hay point & Port Darlymple.
Unlike anywhere else in Australia.

Telstra still makes a big profit (% wise), as they carry most of the competiers traffic, they have become
a wholesaler more than a retailer, read their annual report.

Shane