Help with Mechanik and BVE (OT)

Pardon the OT nature of this but hope that someone can or will help.

1. I have a friend who has a Mechanik program which does not seem to
work and the FAQ suggests a VESA problem with Mechanik. We have
downloaded Display doctor but nothing has seemed to happen with the
same SVGA INT failure message. Can any one help please or does Display
Doctor in the DOS version work better?

2. I have tried to Install BVE and can get to the opening screen
before it spits the dummy with an error. I have a K6-300 and Win 95c.
Anyone can enlighten me on installation please?

If you could reply offline that would help

TIA

Trevor Gibbs