Re: Melbourne-Darwin line on schedule

Maurie Daly (mauried@tpg.com.au) wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:03:09 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
> Bromage) wrote:

> >Chris Brownbill (cbrnbill@enternet.com.au) wrote:
> >> I'll believe it when they FINISH laying infrastructure.
> >
> >Even starting would be good.
>
> A more practical question is whether there are enuf railway
> construction companies . construction hardware / rail production
> facilities available to physically build this line at all, given that
> supposedly part of its construction time will overlap with the
> construction of the AP to Darwin line,(if indeed it ever starts.)

And numerous CityRail projects, if they ever start. Chatswood - Parramatta
isn't a trivial project, and is supposed to run concurrently with the
Short North upgrade.

Melbourne - Brisbane is not actually a large construction project. It's
not entire a new line, so you don't need a huge crew as you would for
Alice - Darwin.

Cheers
David