Re: Humorous observation at Melbourne Central [Vic]

"Andrew Box" <boxy@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
wf5l6.40301$o85.217500@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:wf5l6.40301$o85.217500@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> "Ben" <smithb@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a9408c3@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3a9408c3@news.alphalink.com.au...
> > Tonight while lining up to buy a ticket at the swanston st end I saw a
> girl
> > trying to eftpos a 90 cent rail +2. She was rather frustrated when the
> > machine refused the transfer, so she tried again. By this time I had
> > overtaken her and bought a ticket from the machine next to her using
coins
> > (you know those shiny round things).
> >
> > Some people are so stupid.
> Why is she stupid?
I may have been a bit harsh there. Although she kept trying when it
obviously didnt want to do it.

> Actually she is moving with the times and not using that crap stuff that
is
> heavy to carry and useless.
I agree there. What ever happened to smart cards, which were supposed to
replace cash or something? The only ones I've seen in australia are phone
cards.

> I have purchased with my credit card a mars bar from a supermarket, total
> cost $1.50.  Also i have purchased a concession zone 1 daily which cost a
> grand $2 something some a mcard machine with my eftpos card.  (ohh btw i
do
> have a concession card so dont get any ideas about that).
Acctually to tell you the truth I never even considered using eftpos for
such small amounts before now, I usually have enough change for stuff like
that. I have bought Monthlys, weeklys and 2hr*10s by eftpos though.

  Why dont u get a
> life and stop worring if somebody is trying 2 buy a ticket with a eftpos
> card?

You know you're right, I probably shouldn't make assumptions about what
people are going to do with their rail+2 without knowing the whole story. At
the time I found it ammusing in regard as to what people do to avoid paying
full price, thats all.