Humorous observation at Melbourne Central [Vic]

Tonight while lining up to buy a ticket at the swanston st end I saw a girl
trying to eftpos a 90 cent rail +2. She was rather frustrated when the
machine refused the transfer, so she tried again. By this time I had
overtaken her and bought a ticket from the machine next to her using coins
(you know those shiny round things).

Some people are so stupid.

No doubt (in my mind anyway) she was probably going to travel into zone 2 or
3 (go further than 2 stations at least) and sees the rail +2 as a "gate
pass" for the barriers at city stations.

And I bought a short trip ticket on tram today just to go a few blocks, mind
you I wanted to get one of those new blue designs that only seem to be on
trams. Am I the only honest person left who uses public transport? Stupid
question.

Ben smith