Re: Humorous observation at Melbourne Central [Vic]

"Chris Brownbill" <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
3A93AC9D.3CD4C1D4@enternet.com.au">news:3A93AC9D.3CD4C1D4@enternet.com.au...
> Ben wrote:
> >
> > Tonight while lining up to buy a ticket at the swanston st end I saw a
girl
> > trying to eftpos a 90 cent rail +2. She was rather frustrated when the
> > machine refused the transfer, so she tried again. By this time I had
> > overtaken her and bought a ticket from the machine next to her using
coins
> > (you know those shiny round things).
> >
> > Some people are so stupid.
> >

> Apart from anything else, the Bank Account Debits tax on a 90c
> transaction would be exhorbitant - (10c maybe).

Only if there was a cheque facility on that account, If there wasn't, then
there would be no charge (althought there would be FID - to disappear on
1/7/01 - on the credit to the merchants account).

Dave